Do you love a bit of wedding DIY? Our friends over at JewelleryMaker, the jewellery craft channel are launching their summer bridal fair weekend this Friday, 24th June and it will be full of lots of ideas to get your crafting!
They’ll be demonstrating a range of bridal jewellery kits to create tiaras, hair slides and more for you, your bridesmaids and pretty much all of your wedding party. There’ll be tons of inspiration and ideas, from beautiful freshwater cultured pearls to sparking genuine gemstones.
To watch for free, you can find JewelleryMaker on Freeview channel 76, Sky channel 665, Virgin channel 756 and Freesat channel 807. JewelleryMaker broadcasts until noon on Freeview and 24 hours a day across Sky, digital and online.
To get you started they've shared this pretty little pearl headpiece project with us - perfect for your flowergirls!
1. Working from the reel of wire, add all your pearls to the spool. Wrap and secure the end of your wire spool to the end of your headband.
2. Drop a pearl to the headband and hold it in place with your thumb while keeping the tension wrap the wire three times around the headband.
3. Add another pearl, secure with three wraps of wire. Continue around the headband.
4. When you reach the end secure with a few wraps and trim wire adding a spot of glue if desired.
5. Add 11 pearls to your spool of wire and attach the end off centre of your headband, about 3cm to the left. Drop three pearls down from your spool and wrap the wire snug, three pearls right from your first anchor point.
6. Drop five pearls from your spool and create a second shape, around 4 pearls from your last anchor.
7. Wrap your wire around the final anchor point tightly and trim, ensuring no sharp ends remain.
8. Finally, inspect your headband for any sharp wire ends, which should be trimmed.
Want more DIY? Learn how to make this pretty heart wedding wreath and learn how to pimp your wedding Mason jars!