Pay attention bridesmaids! It’s not just the bride and groom who need to make promises. Here are the rules every girl needs to follow when she's performing bridesmaid duty.
7 THINGS YOU CAN ASK YOUR MAID OF HONOUR TO DO
1. You must help to make hundreds of tissue paper pom poms
Or paper cranes, or floating lanterns. Anything you can do to alleviate the bride’s stress is essential. Speaking of which…
2. You must put up with a bridezilla-style tantrum
Just one is okay, your bf needs to vent about the table plan and those missing RSVPs!
3. You must pretend to be interested in ribbon swatches
Even though you can’t tell the difference between ‘Peony Pop’ and ‘Rose Blush’ – just smile and nod.
4. You must wear whatever the bride asks you to
We know you can’t wait to wear that hot pink tutu with bold orange sash.
5 MISTAKES A BRIDESMAID CAN MAKE
5. You must try to get along with the groom’s sister
Even though she is also a bridesmaid and seems to be getting away with doing absolutely nothing.
6. You must look at about a hundred white dresses
And give honest (yet positive) feedback on each and every one.
7. You must plan the most amazing hen party ever!
Including all her best girls, cool activities and (of course) plenty of prosecco.
8. You must not ever mention that hen do incident
Okay, maybe those seven tequila shots followed by a greasy burger wasn’t the best plan in the world – let’s never mention it again.
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO SACK A BRIDESMAID?
On the wedding day
9. You must give up your mirror time when you’re getting ready
The bride needs that mirror and the best light in the building. Yes, it might mean frantically doing your make-up in five minutes in a dimly-lit corridor, but those are the rules.
10. You must say the bride looks beautiful
Even if you’re helping her go to the loo at the time.
11. You must make polite conversation with the bride's creepy uncle
Just make sure you keep him at arm’s length.
12. You must make sure Granny is okay on the day
Chat to her after the ceremony, offer her your wrap if she gets cold and keep her sherry topped up.
Want more here are seven annoying things a bride can do and the five bridesmaids every bride needs in her crew.