High-street ideas for your bridesmaids!
Check out the best summer high street bridesmaid trends
With summer styles hitting the high street, now is the perfect time to shop for your bridesmaid dresses! Read on to find our top 5 trends for bridesmaids (and believe us, they will thank you for letting them have something that can be worn again!).
- Bold florals. You don't have to choose a super-girly floral print – why not go for something more striking? Bold florals look especially good when they combine two colours, such as in the blue and yellow Monsoon dress shown here. Combine them with full tea-length skirts for a modern twist on the retro look!
- Peplums. Yes, they're a bit odd... But also surprisingly flattering! A peplum is basically a small skirt (think of it as a kind of frill) which sits on the waist above a slinkier, more fitted skirt. Great for giving a forties vibe and for helping your maids draw attention to their nipped-in waists!
- Embellishment. We’re seeing a lot of 3D flowers on the high street at the moment and these styles are perfect for bridesmaids. Choose them dresses in soft chiffons and taffetas, with pretty flowers sewn over the skirt or bodice. Sorbet pastels such as pink, peach or lemon look fantastic with this style.
- Lace. You might be tempted to think lace is only for the bride, but as long as it's not white it can look super-sweet on your maids as well! Choose pretty knee-length dresses with elegant necklines for a sixties feel and accessorise them with cute dolly shoes and retro buns!
- Colour block. If your girls have been addicted to their coloured skinny jeans for months, then take the cue and give them a dress in one solid colour! We love jade green, electric blue and salmon pink for the new season – just make sure they’re a colour you like for your wedding theme!
Hit the shops!
Our favourite places to look for high street bridesmaid dresses include: Coast, Monsoon, Warehouse, Oasis, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Hobbs and Phase Eight. Online, it's always worth checking out Very, ASOS and (to really make your maids love you forever!) Net-a-Porter.