This homemade mixed ribbon chandelier is a cute and quirky way to add personality. This easy wedding DIY project by Brooklyn Bridal shows us how it’s done…
WEDDING DIY: HOW TO MAKE A RIBBON TABLE PLAN
What you need
- Florist wire hoop (you can also use a wooden embroidery hoop)
- Selection of ribbons
- Clear fishing wire
- Your chosen accessories to decorate
1. Choose your ribbons and decide on length. One by one, knot them onto the outer rim of the wire hoop.
2. We kept our ribbons to a uniform length, but try out different sizes to see the result. We mixed in gold and lace ribbons in different thicknesses – experiment with lots of different textures and colours until you’re happy. Try a uniform colour, or ombré!
3. Attach two separate pieces of clear fishing wire to each quarter of the circle – use these to suspend the chandelier.
WEDDING DIY: HOW TO MAKE GLITTER JAM JARS AND CANDLES
4. Decorate your finished chandelier with flowers or fairy lights around the top rim of the wire hoop. Hang your finished chandeliers above tables.
Credit: Images: Fiona Kelly Ribbons: brooklynbridal.uk
Want more? Here's how to make paper tassels and how to make a floral paper backdrop for your ceremony