Looking for a bit of easy wedding DIY? Get your glitter on and give your average jam or Mason jar or church candle a big dose of pretty – table flowers never looked so sparkly...
WEDDING DIY DECOR: PAPER TASSELS
You will need
- Masking tape
- Mod podge glue
- Foam sponge brush
- Glass jar, bottle or candle
- A selection of cut flowers
How to make!
1. Use the tape to mask off the area you want to cover in glitter.
2. Use the foam sponge brush to cover the area in mod podge glue.
WEDDING DIY: TEMPORARY TATTOO FAVOURS
3. Sprinkle the glitter over the glue, place a plate underneath to catch the glitter.
4. Roll the jar in the loose glitter on the plate to ensure it’s completely covered evenly. Leave to dry for at least an hour.
WEDDING DIY: BLACKBERRY GIN FAVOURS
5. Cover the glitter in another layer of glue to seal it and leave to dry for a good couple of hours, preferably overnight.
6. Carefully peel off the masking tape – your jar is ready to use and fill with flowers.
Credit: This tutorial was created by Joanne Truby, a bespoke floral designer based in South East London; Photography: Julie Michaelsen.
Want more wedding ideas? Here are 13 unique wedding table centrepiece ideas and very clever wedding DIY ideas