Are you looking for the perfect jam recipe for your wedding favours? We’ve got a good one for you. Head Chef Steve Smith of Michelin Star Bohemia Restaurant has shared his Hedgerow Jam recipe, perfect for the autumn when there are delicious wild UK fruits all over the place.
Whip up this jam a month or so before the big day and put in small sterilised jars. Finish the look with personalised stickers and top the jars with squares of gingham secured with twine. Gorgeous!
CHOCCYWOCCYDOODAH NOUGAT RECIPE
2kg Wild Fruits (Sloes, Bilberries, Blackberries, Elderberries, Rosehips)
2 Cooking Apples
1. Wash and remove any stalks and dry leaves from the fruits.
2. Cut the apples into quarters.
3. Put the fruits into a stainless steel pan and cover with water. Simmer until soft for about 30 minutes.
HEART SHAPED DOUGHNUT RECIPE
4. Unlike other jams and preserves this needs to be sieved to remove seeds and pips. Force through a sieve and weigh the pulp.
5. Transfer to a clean saucepan and add an equal weight of sugar.
6. Bring to a boil stirring to dissolve sugar and cook over a high heat until jam reaches setting point (105°c).
7. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
8. Then ladle into, warm sterilised jars to within ¼ of the rim.
PEGGY PORSCHEN RED VELVET LAYER CAKE RECIPE
9. Wipe off any sticky drops with a hot damp cloth.
10. Place a wax paper disc onto the jam surface to seal.
11. Cover the mouth of the jar with cellophane, fastened with an elastic band.
To try more of Steve Smith’s yummy food contact the Bohemia Restaurant and make a reservation now.