Make your own blackberry gin in mini bottles to give as favours or serve as part of a selection of homemade spirits for toasts during your speeches.
WEDDING DIY: MAKE YOUR OWN CARAMEL SEA-SALTED ALMOND WEDDING FAVOURS
What you need
- 250g blackberries
- 125g caster sugar
- 600ml gin (it doesn’t need to be expensive)
- Large Kilner jar or bottle
- Baking tray
WEDDING FAVOURS UNDER £1
1. Pre-heat the oven to 130°C. Wash your Kilner jar in hot soapy water and place directly onto a baking tray without drying. Place in the oven for 10–15 minutes to sterilise.
2. Put your blackberries in a large bowl of clean cold water, discarding any that float to the top. Drain and then place into the sterilised Kilner jar.
3. Add the sugar on top of the blackberries and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Pour the gin on top and seal your Kilner jar.
4. Store in a cool dark space for six to 10 weeks (or longer), turning upside-down occasionally to evenly distribute the sugar.
6. Pour the gin through a sieve lined with kitchen towels to remove any sediment. Sterilise your bottles and pour the mixture in using a funnel
5. Enjoy as a short drink much like sloe gin, or serve with ice and lemon tonic water for an autumnal take on a G&T.
Want more? Here are 50 incredible favour ideas and how to make daisy lolly wedding favours