Your guests will love this incredible Choccywoccydoodah recipe – just pop this nutty nougat in stripy treat bags and voilà – instant wedding favours!
You will need:
Sheets of edible rice paper
225g powdered glucose
450g caster sugar
2 large egg whites
150g toasted hazelnuts
How to make…
1.Line a baking tin with coated baking parchment, shiny side down. Layer the rice paper on the parchment.
2. Put the water, glucose and sugar in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Slowly bring to the boil, stirring all the time to avoid any scalding. Turn the heat down and gently simmer the mixture for 10 minutes. If you are using a sugar thermometer it should read 120°C. Turn the heat off.
WEDDING DIY: HEART SHAPED DOUGHNUT RECIPE
3. Beat the egg whites into peaks. It’s always quicker to do this with a food mixer, but it can be done by hand with a whisk if you don’t have one.
4. When the sugar thermometer reaches 110°C, turn the heat back on and monitor the temperature. When it reaches 149°C, pour a quarter of the syrup into the egg whites in a slow, steady stream, whilst continuing to whisk on a slow speed.
5. When the syrup reaches 149°C again, turn off the heat and pour it slowly and steadily into the egg whites, still whisking. Continue to gently whisk for 30 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl from time to time.
6. Add the nuts to the nougat mixture and stir through. Pour the mixture onto the rice paper. Put more rice paper on the top and place in the fridge overnight to set. Cut into slices, wrap in baking parchment and keep airtight.
PEGGY PORSCHEN RED VELVET LAYER CAKE RECIPE
Project from Chocolate, Cake and Curses by Choccywoccydoodah