YOUR DIY GUIDE TO WEDDING DAY MAKE-UP
Bobbi Brown make-up artist Hannah Martin reveals how you can create this stunning beauty look for your big day
Bobbi Brown's new Rose Gold Collection is a perfect look for any bride-to-be. Bobbi was inspired by how complementary her very own rose gold wedding band is against her skin tone.
The colours are classic with a modern twist to ensure you can create a timeless make-up look for your big day that won't date and that will photograph beautifully.
To create a perfect bridal look using the Rose Gold Collection it is vital that you create a perfect base to build the colour on.
1. Always start with a primer that will suit your skin type. I like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base as it hydrates the skin but it’s oil free so won't make your skin shine. If you have dry skin, try Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream.
2. Prime your under eyes with Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream.
3. Use the Corrector followed by a Creamy Concealer to banish any dark colour under your eyes. Try to avoid using a light reflective concealer on your wedding day as it may look too bright in flash photography.
4. Blend Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick through the centre of the face and blend out for a velvety finish that will look flawless. You can use as much or as little as you want to – it’s a buildable formula.
5. Set your foundation with Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder, focusing on your T-zone to avoid any unwanted shine.
6. Warm up your complexion with a bronzing powder blended over the higher points of the face – your forehead and the tops of your cheeks. Make sure you blend your bronzer out over your ears if you are wearing your hair up.
7. Apply a sweep of a natural-coloured blush over the apple of your cheeks and out over your cheekbones. Add a pop of colour on the apple of your cheeks for a perfect finish.
8. Wearing a pale colour from head to toe can be draining and flash photography can bleach the look of any colour on the skin, so remember to wear a little more blush than normal on your wedding day.
9. On the eyes, use Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow as they dry waterproof and don't crease or smudge. I'd recommend Sandy Gold, Sand Dollar and Ballet Pink to complement the collection. If you wish to add a hint of 'Rose' sweep a wash of Bobbi Brown Rose Gold Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow on top. To make the look more 'Gold' add a wash of Bobbi Brown Champagne Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow. Finish the eye with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar for definition. Be sure to use Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara to withstand any tears of joy that may trickle down your cheeks!
10. The finishing touch, to achieve that much sought after bridal glow, is a little of the magic that is Bobbi Brown Iconic Shimmer Brick. Dust the brick lightly over the very top of the cheeks and cheekbones. A little on your collarbone and the top of your shoulders is also stunning and gives the skin a lustre that catches the eye. Wild Rose will add a subtle pinky-mauve shimmer whilst Rose Gold is more of a golden pink. Be careful not to overdo the Shimmer Brick. Too much and you may look too shiny.
And there, you have achieved the perfect Rose Gold Bridal look.