There’s a few things that always happen at every British wedding – create a bingo card and see how many you can cross off!
FUNNY WEDDING STORIES THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
1. It will probably rain
And if it doesn’t everyone will comment on how “how lucky you are with the weather”.
2. Someone will be late to the ceremony (“traffic – typical eh?!”)
They’ll attempt to sneak quietly in the back, but probably knock an end pew off in the process.
3. Someone will film the entire ceremony on an iPad
Yep – thanks for that Uncle Bob! You pretty much ruined all our ceremony photos for some poor quality, inaudible footage.
4. The mums will compete with the size of their hats
Or possibly the length of their fascinator feathers.
5. The best man’s speech will involve a highly inappropriate anecdote
The room will be divided by shocked gasps (from relatives) and raucous drunken laughter (from uni mates).
THE 16 STAGES OF GETTING ENGAGED IN GIFS
6. There will be a tie around at least one groomsman’s head
There will also be a dance-off – probably featuring The Worm and The Running Man.
7. Everyone will dance along to the YMCA, The Macarena and Gangnam Style
You thought you’d forgotten those dance moves, but no – they’ll be lodged in your brain forever.
HOW TO GET MARRIED LIKE A CELEBRITY
8. Everyone will drink. A lot.
If there’s one thing us Brits know how to do it’s drink. This moment will hit home when you witness Granny polishing off a few jagerbombs.
THINGS EVERY GUEST WANTS AT YOUR WEDDING
9. There will be breakfast
The next morning everyone will be nursing their hangovers with a good old fry up.
All other gifs via GIPHY
Want more? Here are 12 things all brides pretend to do and eight people you don't want to invite to your wedding