Top 10 alternative readings for wedding ceremonies
These beautiful modern, wedding readings are perfect for a non-religious ceremony
Shakespeare, Byron and Elizabeth Barret Browining are all readings you expect to hear at a wedding ceremony, but don’t feel you have to follow the crowd. These literary gems are perfect for a unique, alternative and modern ceremony.
1) Extract from Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernières
"Love is a temporary madness..."
2) Extract from The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
"What is Real?..."
3) Eskimo Love Song – Author Unknown
"You are my husband, you are my wife..."
4) A Lovely Love Story by Edward Monkton
"The fierce dinsour was trapped inside his cage of ice..."
5) Extract from Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
"There are a few rules I know to be true about love and marriage..."
6) Us Two by A A Milne
"Wherever I am there's always Pooh..."
7) Yes I’ll Marry You My Dear – Pam Ayres
"And here's the reason why..."
8) Chinese Proverb
Married couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking.
9) I Wanna Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler for the film The Wedding Singer
"I wanna make you smile..."
10) Extract from Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
"You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving..."